The Federal Member for Calare Andrew Gee has announced that 9 local projects within the Lithgow LGA will receive a well-deserved funding boost, resulting from the crippling 2019-2020 bushfire season.
A total of 15 projects across the Calare electorate will share in $16.5 million in funding, close to half that funding coming to the Lithgow region. The funded projects include:
- $2,763,500.00 to upgrade the Glow Worm Tunnel visitor precinct.
- $990,000.00 to construct an emergency fire shelter in the centre of the Wolgan Valley.
- $919,206.00 for Habitat for Humanity to work alongside vulnerable residents and volunteers to clear burned debris and fire prone vegetation
- $720,500.00 will go to the Australian Ecosystems Foundation Inc (AEFI) to build a Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation Hospital adjacent to Secret Creek Sanctuary.
- $615,500.00 to construct a Community/Visitor Centre in Lithgow.
- $503,000.00 to support the Lithgow District Chamber of Commerce’s efforts to boost jobs and investment through the Lithgow business revival program.
- $486,747.00 to fund the purchase of a fixed diesel generator for Lithgow’s evacuation centre.
- $326,675.00 for Headspace Lithgow and Chifley/Lithgow Rural Fire Service (RFS) to establish an RFS cadetship program titled ‘Youth Beyond the Flame..
- $270,000.00 to construct the Capertee Recreation Reserve Bike and Walking Trail.